Introduction to Integrated Circuits Differential amplifiers using Transistors Operational amplifiers: Features, Characteristics, Negative feedback configurations, Mathematical operations application circuits, Non-linear applications , Comparator Window comparator, Regenerative comparator, Relaxation oscillator, Log and Antilog amplifiers , Multiplier, square and square-root circuits NE555, principle of operation and applications Introduction to Digital logic gates:Combinational circuits, Reduction using Karnaugh map, Implementation using universal gates, Arithmetic circuits , Look-ahead carry implementation, Binary BCD addition Decoders and encoders Multiplexers and demultiplexers their applications Flip-flops, types and implementation:Conversions, triggering, master/slave implementation Registers: Bina:ry up down counters , Synchronous counters , Ring and Johnson counters Random sequence generators: 7-segment display devices A to D and D to A converters Applications of digital circuits :Digital clock, stop-watch, frequency and period counter, digital voltmeter etc.
Introduction to microprocessors: Brief outline of 8085 processor, Instruction set, Simple programming examples, Pick the largest number, Delay, Arithmetic operation with single and multiyear, Block move with overlapping memory address,Ascending and descending ordering
1. Electronic Principles – 5th Edition, Albert Paul Malvino
Tana Mc-Graw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi, 1993
2. Digital Principles and Applications – 5th Edition Albert Paul Malvino Donald P.LcachTata Mc-Graw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi, 1994
3. Microprocessor Architecture, Programming and its Applications with the 885/8080A latest edition, 5th edition Ramesh S.Gaonkar Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi, Bangalore, Madras. , 2002
4. Digital Fundamentals – 9th edition, Thomas L.Floyd,Prentice Hall, July 13, 2005
5. Digital Design – 3rd edition, M.Morris Mano Prentice Hall, 2001
6. Digital Design – 4th edition, M.Morris ManoPrentice Hall, 2006.